Apocalypse World: The Watch
Joseph the Brainer
No one was more surprised than me
- Cool: +1
- Hard: +2
- Sharp: -2
- Hot: +1
- Weird: +3
- Deep brain scan: when you have time and physical intimacy with someone — mutual intimacy like holding them in your arms, or 1-sided intimacy like they’re restrained to a table — you can read them more deeply than normal. Roll+weird. On a 10+, hold 3. On a 7–9, hold 1. While you’re reading them, spend your hold to ask their player questions, 1 for 1:
• what was your character’s lowest moment?
• for what does your character crave forgiveness, and of whom?
• what are your character’s secret pains?
• in what ways are your character’s mind and soul vulnerable?
On a miss, you inflict 1-harm (ap) upon your subject, to no benefit.
- Preternatural at-will Brain Attunement: +1 Weird
- Violation glove (hand hi-tech): For purposes of brainer moves, mere skin contact counts as time and intimacy.
- Deep ear plugs (worn hi-tech): Protects the wearer from all brainer moves and gear.
- Hidden knives: 2-harm hand infinite.
- Trenchcoat of various materials: +1 Armor
- Barter: 5
Joe has been secretly watching Jonker for a long time …
Carnegy, the owner of the Watch’s cantina, does not seem to like or fear Joseph.